DuME – The Duduf Media Encoder is a Free and Open Source Media Encoder.
It is fast, versatile, and easy-to-use.
It mainly uses FFmpeg for transcoding, which makes it very fast and versatile, and it even adds other features not available in FFmpeg (like DWA support for EXR files).
DuME is also able to render and transcode Adobe After Effects projects and to render Blender scenes.
The goal of DuME is to be as easy to use as possible even for beginners, without any compromise on functionality for advanced users.
To achieve this goal, the development of the application follows these guidelines:
- The User Interface has to be both intuitive and nice-looking, as well as fast.
- Transcoding to standard formats (mp4, PNG…) is straightforward, thanks to carefully crafted presets.
- The most common parameters (resolution, frames per second, codec, quality…) can easily be set through the user interface
- Advanced users can add any other parameter available in FFmpeg thanks to the “custom parameters”, or even input their own commands through the included command line.
- Common parameters and Custom parameters can be saved as easy-to-use User Presets.
- Transcode any audio or video file, from any format supporter by FFmpeg to any other format supported by FFmpeg.
- Easy presets for: mp4, wav, PNG, EXR, Quicktime HAP, GIF… – evolving list.
- Transcode to and from Image Sequences (PNG, EXR…).
- Mix Media files (e.g. add sound to an image sequence) – available using custom parameters, work in progress.
- Render After Effects projects and transcode to any format supported by FFmpeg – work in progress.
- Render/Transcode queue.
- Simplify After Effects rendering setup.
- Add a composition to the queue from within After Effects.
- Simple media player (using ffplay).
- Preview of the input.
- Preview of the output.
- Render Blender scenes.
- Mix several inputs together.
- Append several inputs.
- Add subtitles tracks.
- Burn subtitles in picture.
- Burn Metadata in picture (Timecode…).
- Support for more formats (DWA in EXR for example).