DuME – a fast, versatile and easy-yo-use Free and Open Source Media Encoder.
DuME uses FFmpeg for transcoding, which makes it very fast and versatile, and it even adds other features not available in FFmpeg (like DWA support for EXR files).
DuME is also able to render and transcode Adobe After Effects projects.
– Windows (+ After Effects)
– Mac OS (+ After Effects)
Read the documentation for installation instructions, especially for use with After Effects, and Linux AppImage.
Just watch how fast it is!
The goal of DuME is to be as easy to use as possible even for beginners, without any compromise on functionality for advanced users.
To achieve this goal, the development of the application follows these guidelines:
- The User Interface has to be both intuitive and nice-looking, as well as fast.
- Transcoding to standard formats (mp4, PNG…) is straightforward, thanks to carefully hand-crafted presets.
- The most common parameters (resolution, frames per second, codec, quality…) can easily be set through the user interface
- Advanced users can add any other parameter available in FFmpeg thanks to the “custom parameters”, or even input their own commands through the included command line.
- Common parameters and Custom parameters can be saved as easy-to-use User Presets.
Already Available Features
- Transcode any audio or video file, from any format supported by FFmpeg to any other format supported by FFmpeg.
- Easy presets for: mp4, wav, PNG, EXR, Quicktime HAP, GIF… – evolving list.
- Transcode to and from Image Sequences (PNG, EXR…).
- Mix Media files (e.g. add sound to an image sequence).
- Easily render After Effects projects and transcode to any format supported by FFmpeg.
- Render/Transcode queue, work in progress, possible with command/batch files thanks to the command line interface.
Some of these features are already being developed and are tested with our supports on Patreon.
- Simple media player (using ffplay).
- Preview of the input.
- Preview of the output.
- Render Blender scenes.
- Append several inputs.
- Add subtitles tracks.
- Burn subtitles in picture.
- Burn Metadata in picture (Timecode…).
- Support for more formats (DWA in EXR for example).
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated about what we do, to be notified about new tools, new features, and updates.
We hate spam too, and we prefer to do our job than writing and sending newsletters, so you can be assured we won’t be annoying. Just make sure the confirmation e-mail you’ll get don’t end up in your spam folder by adding email@example.com to your contacts.