We’re running a crowdfunding campaign to develop and improve the Rainbox Open Tools: new free and open source tools for film and animation production.
There are a lot of things we can and we want to develop. What we’re going to achieve depends primarily on how much we can raise during this crowdfunding campaign. We’ve set levels to put some priorities, but of course the more we raise, the more plentiful and advanced the tools will be.
DuIO: Import and Export stuff in After Effects
We’ll need to reach the third level of our crowdfunding campaign to begin the development of DuIO.
iDuIO is a collection of tools for exporting and importing stuff in After Effects. We plan to add more formats to it – see the page for the current version to learn what it already handles – including:
- Re-Implement Krita animation export/import, which has recently been removed from Krita by the Krita team.
- Import new formats introduced by Duik characters from Photoshop, Illustrator, Krita, Inkscape, The Gimp
- Import and export rigged characters.
- Import scenes rendered/exported by Duik for Blender
- Improve the exportation of compositions to Audition
And any other format we might need or you may request!
Current version: DuIO 1
– After Effects/Windows
– After Effects/Mac OS
Don’t hesitate to use the comments below if you have any suggestion. We’re open to all ideas! These will be your tools too, so let’s shape them together!
Subscribe to the newsletter to be sure to get all updates and news about the crowdfunding campaign, or follow us on social networks!