We’ve recently run a crowdfunding campaign to develop and improve the Rainbox Open Tools: new free and open source tools for film and animation production.
The campaign has ended in June, and we’ve raised 26.000€, 185% of the initial goal, which means we’re now able to develop very advanced tools!
There are a lot of things we can and we want to develop. What we’re going to achieve depends primarily on how much we have raised during this crowdfunding campaign. We’ve reached the level III, which means most of the features will be developed, and just a few more advanced tools will be more difficult or take more time to develop, those which were planned at level IV.
DuIO: Import and Export stuff in After Effects
We’ll need to reach the third level of our crowdfunding campaign to begin the development of DuIO.
DuIO is a collection of tools for exporting and importing stuff in After Effects. It already support these formats:
- Animations (from an open JSON format)
- TVPaint clips (layers, blending modes, labels, exposure…)
- TVPaint cameras and their animation
- Storyboarder storyboards (boards, shots, layers, notes, dialogs, sound…)
We plan to add more formats to it including:
- Re-Implement Krita animation export/import, which has recently been removed from Krita by the Krita team.
- Import new formats introduced by Duik characters from Photoshop, Illustrator, Krita, Inkscape, The Gimp
- Import and export rigged characters.
- Import scenes rendered/exported by Duik for Blender
- Improve the exportation of compositions to Audition
And any other format we might need or you may request!
I will also handle the new OCO format used by Duik (for After Effects and Blender)
Current version: DuIO 1
– After Effects/Windows
– After Effects/Mac OS
Don’t hesitate to use the comments below if you have any suggestion. We’re open to all ideas! These will be your tools too, so let’s shape them together!
Subscribe to the newsletter to be sure to get all updates and news about the crowdfunding campaign, or follow us on social networks!