The Duik Certification preparation course has been designed to help you prepare your certification exams.
- 4 Days (28 hours)
- In Lille, France, or online
- Advanced / Expert
- In French or English
This course optionally includes the expert and instructor certification exams (1 day for each) at the end.
Professional and regular users of After Effects or instructors who have already used Duik to rig and animate characters, who wish to become Duik Certified Experts or Instructors, or who want to learn advanced rigging and animation techniques using Duik.
These requirements are basically what is explained in the official rigging tutorials with Duik Bassel. We recommend you to follow all these tutorials before applying to this course.
- After Effects
- Parenting and coordinates.
- Pre-compositions, performance, continuous rasterization, collapse transformation, essential graphics panel and master properties.
- Expressions (links, values, variables, conditions…)
- Shape Layers (repeater, merge paths, trim paths, groups…)
- Animation (keyframes, velocities, graph editor, separate dimensions and trajectories…)
- Puppet tool (both engines, pin types)
- Install and use scripts (installation folders and methods)
- Principles (anticipation, follow through, overlap…)
- Weight and Energy
- Realistically animate simple objects (falling objects, balls…)
- Duik: Rigging process of a standard character
- Bones and puppet pins
- Bones and paths
- Head turn and eyes using the connector
- Facial expressions (eyes, mouths shapes) using the connector
- Automation (Kleaner, walk cycle…)
Have a look at the recommended sources for the preparation of the certification exams to learn all you need to be able to attend this course.
The main objective of this course is to learn all you need to pass the certification exams*. It is also a great course for anyone who want to master Duik.
- Master all tools in Duik
- Understand the character animation principles
- Rig any kind of character and mechanic: quadrupeds, machines, fishes…
- Use Duik to create particles, automate animations, etc.
- Perfectly animate all kinds of cameras.
*Provided you already have enough experience with After Effects and you already know the basics of Duik. This course is not a guarantee you will pass the exam.
Contact us with the form at the end of this page if you’d like more details about the content.
- Character rigging principles
- Difference between FK and IK, how to choose the best for the animation
- Ergonomic design of the rigs
- Improve performance
- How to re-use the same character in multiple animations
- Walk and run cycles
- Kleaner for physics simulation
- IK/FK Switch
- The Cel animation tool
- Exercises: cycles, simulations, animated vfx…
- Advanced Rigging tools
- Custom Structures
- Expose Transform
- Connector and velocities
- Advanced and custom controllers
- Creating Pseudo-Effects
- Parent across compositions
- Exercises: rigging of a fish, of machines, of quadrupeds, of details such as cloths, expressions, hair…
- Animation and automation tools
- The randomize tool
- Spatial and Map Effectors
- Combined automation to create particles
- Animation Blender
- Exercises: particle systems, vfx, automation…
- Camera tools
- 2D and 3D Camera rigs
- Exercises: layout, camera animation
- Avanced tools
- All tools in the miscellaneous tools panel in Expert Mode
- For future instructors
- Information about the license of Duik
- Translating Duik using DuTranslator
- Bug reports and Feature requests
- Uninstalling Duik
Still have some questions about the Certification Program? You will probably find answers in the FAQ here.